Here are 10 tips that will help you better understand how to work and survive in the film and television business today:
1. you need to have complete confidence in yourself and an unshakable faith in your talent and ability
2. you need the courage and tenacity to stick it out (to keep going) no matter what
3. you need to have a relentless focus on what is possible, rather than what’s not possible
4. you have to protect your own artistic vision from anyone who does not support your vision or your art
5. you must be able to LISTEN for the TRUTH
6. you must be honest with yourself
7. you need to know what is expected of you when you begin pre-production, when you step on the set, and when you are in the editing room
8. you need to know as much as you can about EVERYONE ELSE’S JOB!
9. you need to have a KNOWLEDGE OF YOUR CRAFT!
10. you need to listen to people who know more than you do
Want to Learn More Film and Television Directing Tips and Techniques? Check out Peter D. Marshall’s 2008 multi-media reference guide for filmmakers, “The Art and Craft of the Director 10-Day Audio Seminar“ – a 162 page eBook packed full of insider film directing tips and tools supported by over 500 film making reference links, 26 mp3 audio files, 28 video links and 23 pdf special reports all designed to help you become a successful, working film and television director.