What does an actor want most from this relationship? – TRUST!
1. Most times, to find a character they are playing, an actor must surrender completely to feelings and impulses. They must allow themselves to be Vulnerable
2. It is extremely difficult for actors to evaluate their own performance. If an actor cannot feel he can trust the director to know a good performance from a bad one, the actor will them begin to monitor their own performance
3. When actors begin to watch themselves, without realizing it, they begin to direct themselves.
4. Good actors quite often take their time before they decide they can trust you. If they cannot trust you, they become “Director Proof”
5. Actors like to work with directors who understand their “language”
Sign up for your own FREE subscription to “The Director’s Chair” filmmaking ezine, packed with hundreds of film making articles, tips, tools and techniques. This FREE monthly Film Directing ezine is read by over 2700 filmmakers in 100 countries around the world. http://www.actioncutprint.com/ezine.html
“Thank you for your ezine. It is a amazing resource!” James Sutherland, South Africa